The Student Newspaper of The John Cooper School

The Dragon Tales

The Dragon Tales

The Dragon Tales

A Message about Canstruction

Dear Cooper Community,

This year, we are honored to lead the Canstruction project and humbly seek your support in raising funds for the Montgomery County Food Bank. By USDA standards, roughly 30 million Americans are “food insecure,” struggling to put regular meals on their tables. We are privileged to be part of The John Cooper School community, and we’ve taken on the responsibility of uniting to support the Montgomery County Food Bank.

Our goal is clear: work together to purchase cans to construct a house, symbolizing our commitment to those in need. We aim to educate, celebrate, and donate cans to Montgomery County Food Bank, knowing that together, we CAN make a significant difference.

We invite every Upper School family and advisory group to participate by donating a “Brick” (a collection of cans worth $29 needed to build the house) or a “Bone” (pet food worth $10) using  this link:

https://johncooper.myschoolapp.com/podium/default.aspx?t=36644&rid=40807

We will also be encouraging students to join us on the build day (2/13/24), at the dedication ceremony on February 14th at 3:30 pm, or helping with the take-down and packing the cans ready for pick up.

Community defines Cooper, and projects like Canstruction exemplify our collective strength. Join us in making an impact.

Save the date: February 14th at 3:30 pm. Witness our dedication, hard work, and compassion.

With gratitude,

Canstruction Leadership Team