Changes and Continuities

Though I have only been at Cooper for four years, it is still shocking to see how much has changed. When I first arrived at Cooper, the Rock was under construction, science and math were taught in the Upper School building, and the school itself seemed a whole lot smaller. Now the Rock has become such an essential facet of the Cooper setting that it is hard for me to picture the campus without it, and the small school I enrolled in four years ago seems like a foreign landscape. Teachers have changed, buildings have been altered, and even small things, like the entrance to the Dunlap Gym, are dramatically different. I am glad to have been at Cooper during this time of evolution. I was part of the first freshman class to go to Newcombe Ranch on our own, but also part of the first junior class without an organized college tour. Even though throughout my time here the buildings and people and events on campus have changed, there is still a core John Cooper feeling to it all. Though I am going off to college, I will never forget this place. In my memory, Cooper will always be the small school I started at four years ago, the setting to my high school experience. Buildings change, people change, and times change, too, but our memories of this place will last forever.