A Sweet Homecoming Dance

The Candyland-themed dance was a fun night filled with dancing, games, and lots of photos!

Saturday the 7th. The day of the Homecoming dance. Most girls started getting ready for the dance hours in advance while the majority of boys waited until the very last minute to throw on their clothes and meet all their friends for dinner and pictures prior to the actual dance. After standing outside in the blazing 97° Texas heat for what felt like forever to make sure that every parent got to take the same exact picture with their own phone, the parents are finally content and everyone heads back inside to eat dinner and talk with their friends up until the very last minute. Everyone grabs their things, pile into multiple cars, and make their way to the school. The excitement is building the closer and closer they get until they finally arrive and are dropped off or park and make their way into the gym.

The students are greeted by the friendly faces of the SGA members and faculty who worked so hard to decorate the gym and make the dance happen as they walked inside. The music was pumping, everyone was talking and having a good time as they went to check in, took off their shoes, and got ready to head inside the gym. The lights were off and so were their shoes and the students listened to see if they recognized what song was playing and ran to the dance floor to join their friends. Students were jumping up and down, singing along to the songs or standing in a circle waiting for one brave soul to go dance in the middle of it. Before they knew it, this circle became a mosh pit, and the mosh pit became a bonding experience. In the lobby of the gym, the students would find tables to sit at and miniature pools filled to the brim with candy. Students were seen sitting and talking with their friends, playing board games, or simply taking a break from all the dancing they had been doing. The dance began to wind down and some people began to collect their belongings and got ready to leave. Others took this opportunity to go to the photo booth and get their photo taken with their friends because there was finally no line. Either way, the homecoming dance was a fun experience for all and the student body is so grateful to all the teachers, faculty, and students who worked so hard to put this amazing night together for us. We went in as a bunch of students, and came out a family.